Science Fiction and Philosophy, by Schneider, Susan
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781118922613 | 1118922611
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 3/7/2016
Featuring numerous updates and enhancements, Science Fiction and Philosophy, 2nd Edition, presents a collection of readings that utilize concepts developed from science fiction to explore a variety of classic and contemporary philosophical issues.
- Uses science fiction to address a series of classic and contemporary philosophical issues, including many raised by recent scientific developments
- Explores questions relating to transhumanism, brain enhancement, time travel, the nature of the self, and the ethics of artificial intelligence
- Features numerous updates to the popular and highly acclaimed first edition, including new chapters addressing the cutting-edge topic of the technological singularity
- Draws on a broad range of science fiction’s more familiar novels, films, and TV series, including I, Robot, The Hunger Games, The Matrix, Star Trek, Blade Runner, and Brave New World
- Provides a gateway into classic philosophical puzzles and topics informed by the latest technology