- ISBN: 9798889061991 | 8889061995
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 10/13/2023
LoPucki, Warren, Lawless, and Foohey, Secured Transactions: A Systems Approach is the most widely adopted casebook in the field.
Secured Transactions: A Systems Approach is known for its cutting-edge concept and ease of use. The systems approach enables you to teach law in the context in which it is practiced. Straightforward explanations and cases prepare the students to solve real-life problems that arise in actual transactions. Students can solve the problems before class because the book and the statutes provide everything they need. That puts teachers and students on the same side. The materials are divided into free-standing assignments, making it easier for instructors to adjust coverage and design a course around their students’ needs. This problem-based casebook supports the teaching of Article 9 alone or the expansion of the course to include Article 9 in the full context of bankruptcy, mortgages, judicial liens, and statutory liens. A comprehensive Teachers’ Manual provides the guidance teachers need to succeed.
New to the Tenth Edition:
- Coverage of the July 2022 amendments to the Uniform Commercial Code.
- All examples and problems updated to realistic and contemporary fact settings.
- Completely rewritten discussion of lender liability concepts.
- Nine new cases, one new problem, and several new problem parts.
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Clear examples and explanations throughout the book. No hiding the ball!
- Practice-based problems with all the information students need to solve them.
- Joining the community of teachers who use the most widely adopted casebook in the field (Twenty-eight are characters in the book).
- 450-page Teacher’s Manual answers every question the book asks.
- Modular chapters you can teach in any order.
- Bite-sized assignments for 50-minute or 75-minute classes—each with its own problem set.
- Short cases that clearly and correctly explain the law.
- Clean editing without brackets, ellipses, string citations, and other impediments to reading.
- Materials that provide everything needed to support an ABA-qualified experiential courses.
- Authors are happy to engage with adopters and include adopters as book characters.
- Coverage beyond Article 9, including mortgages, deeds of trust, judicial liens, tax liens, and statutory liens.
- Supplemental problems for year-to-year variety.
- Basic financial literacy information throughout the book.