- ISBN: 9781119619093 | 1119619092
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 6/12/2019
Find out how to apply learning science in online classes
The concept of small teaching is simple: small and strategic changes have enormous power to improve student learning. Instructors face unique and specific challenges when teaching an online course. This book offers small teaching strategies that will positively impact the online classroom.
This book outlines practical and feasible applications of theoretical principles to help your online students learn. It includes current best practices around educational technologies, strategies to build community and collaboration, and minor changes you can make in your online teaching practice, small but impactful adjustments that result in significant learning gains.
• Explains how you can support your online students
• Helps your students find success in this non-traditional learning environment
• Covers online and blended learning
• Addresses specific challenges that online instructors face in higher education
Small Teaching Online presents research-based teaching techniques from an online instructional design expert and the bestselling author of Small Teaching.