Solving Cryptic Crosswords for Dummies, by Sutherland, Denise
- ISBN: 9780730384700 | 0730384705
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 3/30/2020
Even expert crossword-solvers struggle with cryptics. The clues can often seem nonsensical, mysterious and infuriating, but finally cracking them is immensely satisfying. Solving Cryptic Crosswords For Dummies is designed to help even the most casual crossword lover master these mental feats of gymnastics. Packed with clear explanations, helpful hints, and practice crosswords, the book explains how to approach these problems in a clear and logical manner, providing hints on identifying the different kinds of clues and tips on how to solve them.
- Explains cryptic crosswords, from the (relatively) simple to advanced puzzles
- Guides readers through common and not-so-common clues to help decipher even the most confusing cryptics
- Illustrates the top tips, tricks, and clues to cracking any cryptic
- Includes practice puzzles to put your new skills to the test
- Covers both Commonwealth and U.S. style cryptics and highlights the subtle differences between each
Cryptic crosswords have emerged as one of today's most popular brainteasers, and Solving Cryptic Crosswords For Dummies is the one-stop resource for becoming a puzzle pro.