Coakley, Sports in Society: Issues and Controversies 12e
Table of Contents
1. The Sociology of Sport: What Is It and Why Study It?
2. Producing Knowledge About Sports in Society: How is Knowledge Produced In the Sociology of Sport?
3. Sports and Socialization: Who Plays and What Happens to Them?
4. Sports for Children: Are Organized Programs Worth the Effort?
5. Deviance In Sports: Is It Out of Control?
6. Violence in Sports: How Does It Affect Our Lives?
7. Gender and Sports: Is Equity Possible?
8. Race and Ethnicity: Are They Important in Sports?
9. Social Class: Do Money and Power Matter in Sports?
10. Age and Ability: Barriers to Participation and Inclusion?
11.Sports and the Economy: What Are the Characteristics of Commercial Sports?
12.Sports and the Media: Could They Survive Without Each Other?
13.Sports and Politics: How Do Governments and Global Political Processes Influence Sports?
14.Sports in High School and College: Do Competitive Sports Contribute to Education?
15.Sports and Religions: Is It a Promising Combination?
16.Sports in the Future: What Do We Want Them to Be?
What is included with this book?
The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used, Rental and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.