- ISBN: 9780133488470 | 0133488470
- Cover: Loose-leaf
- Copyright: 3/25/2014
Note: This is the loose-leaf version of Teaching Reading to Students Who Are At Risk or Have Disabilities and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with the loose-leaf version, use ISBN 013383364X.
At a time when public focus on children who struggle with learning to read has never been greater, Bursuck and Damer’s Teaching Reading to Students Who Are at Risk or Have Disabilities, 3/e does an extraordinary job of answering the charge to help all students succeed at reading. Now in a newly updated Third Edition, this text describes, in a clear, step-by-step fashion, how to implement a systematic, explicit, success-oriented approach for teaching struggling readers in today’s accountability-driven schools. When recently evaluated in terms of relating to the Common Core Standards in Early Reading, this book was described as one of the few textbooks “comprehensively and rigorously covering the scientific basis and instructional elements of the five essential components of effective reading instruction.” Integrated throughout are authentic, research-validated, reality-based strategies, accessible language and video demonstrations, and checks for student understanding. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video, assessments, and links to related content on the web.
The new edition features:
- Chapter Summaries.
- Pop Up checks for understanding.
- Increased emphasis on the needs of Tier 3 students in Response to Intervention programs;
- Coverage of the new DIBELS Next assessments and norms and AIMSweb Rate of Improvement scores.
- An expanded chapter on fluency.
- Additional strategies for a more in-depth approach to teaching comprehension.
- A look at issues related to the differentiation of reading instruction for students who are at risk given the increased text complexity demands required by the Common Core Standards.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.