- ISBN: 9781119891932 | 1119891930
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 2/21/2024
An accessible and engaging journey through the philosophical themes and concepts of Ted Lasso
Ted Lasso and Philosophy explores the hidden depths beneath the vibrant veneer of AppleTV’s breakout, award-winning sitcom. Blending philosophical sophistication with winsome appreciation of this feel-good comedy, the collection features 20 original essays canvassing the breadth of the series and carefully considering the ideas it presents, including the goal of competition, the role of mental health, sportsmanship, revenge versus justice, the importance of friendship, the imperative of respect for persons, humility, leadership, identity, character growth, courage, journalistic ethics, belief, forgiveness, what love looks like, and just how evil tea is. In a nod to the show’s many literary allusions, the compilation concludes with a whimsical appendix that catalogs the books most significant to Ted Lasso’s themes and characters. If football is life, as Dani Rojas fondly repeats, then this book’s a fitting primer.
- Covers the full breadth of the original Ted Lasso series, including the third season
- Explores every major character and all of the show's significant subplots and elements
- Written in the spirit of the show, with in-jokes that will appeal to Ted Lasso fans
- Features an introduction that guides readers through the book’s materials
- Includes Beard's Bookshelf, a bibliography of the most significant books shown or alluded to in the series
Ted Lasso and Philosophy is for the curious, not judgmental. Sport is quite the metaphor, and we can’t wait to unpack it with you.