- ISBN: 9781119542599 | 1119542596
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 6/22/2021
An essential guide for today's over-scheduled teachers
Teaching is a tough job, period. With so much pressure and so many competing demands, it can be easy to fall apart, or to get lost in the daily grind. The Together Teacher: Plan Ahead, Get Organized, and Save Time! is a practical resource that shows teachers how to get it together, to be effective and have a life! Author and educator Maia Heyck-Merlin reveals the life-hacks and habits of Together Teachers, from smart time management hacks to sanity-saving tech. The end goal is always strong outcomes for their students.
In this book, you'll discover the concrete steps you can take to achieve greater stability and success in your classroom and in your life. This edition adds sections on efficient lesson planning, grading, and data analysis processes, balance and self-care, juggling teaching with other responsibilities like leading a grade level, managing family communications, and new online resources. The workbook contains all-new rubrics, practice sections, and reflection questions to help you dig in to the content and get your days running like clockwork.
- Learn pro tips and tools to help you organize and optimize your lesson planning, instruction, and classroom environment
- Save time and energy by using tech wisely, enlisting students in keeping the classroom tidy, communicating efficiently with families, and more
- Get engaged—with 75 pages of all-new workbook content, exclusive online extras, and real-world "Day-in-the-Life" teacher profiles, you'll be ready to tackle any challenge
- Learn efficient grading and data analysis processes
- Understand how to balance teaching with other school responsibilities, such as leading a grade level
- Discover the hacks and habits that good teachers are using to improve instructional quality and have a life outside of school!
Perfect for early-career K-12 teachers as well as specialists (social workers, music teachers, etc.), The Together Teacher, Second Edition includes access to exclusive online extras, including videos and much more.