- ISBN: 9781119794202 | 111979420X
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 5/11/2021
Discover the interplay between strategy and risk in this insightful new resource from two experts in the financial industry who have applied their knowledge to multiple industries
In The Two Headed Coin, accomplished authors James L. Darroch and David Wm. Finnie deliver an insightful exploration of the interplay between strategy and risk that underlies the operational framework of successful organizations. You’ll learn which risks are fundamental to the strategic positioning and goals of your organization and which are not. You’ll also discover the importance of an independent risk function, e,g., the CRO, and its invaluable role as part of the strategic process.
You’ll also find:
- A thorough discussion of the notion of competitive advantage and how it relates to risk
- An exploration of consumer perception and reputation as an asset to be managed
- How to use scenario planning and real options to provide a framework for managing uncertainty
- How a focus on culture and ethics can minimize the risk of large losses due to adverse behaviors
Perfect for risk management and strategy professionals The Two Headed Coin will also earn a place in the libraries of executives and managers who wish to improve their ability to integrate strategic and risk thinking to create competitive advantage.