- ISBN: 9781975174880 | 1975174887
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 7/28/2023
A foundational book for use from the classroom to fieldwork and throughout practice, Willard & Spackman’s Occupational Therapy, 14th Edition, remains the must-have resource for the Occupational Therapy profession. This cornerstone of OT and OTA education offers students a practical, comprehensive overview of the many theories and facets of OT care, while its status as one of the top texts informing the NBCOT certification exam makes it an essential volume for new practitioners.
The updated 14th edition presents a more realistic and inclusive focus of occupational therapy as a world-wide approach to enhancing occupational performance, participation, and quality of life. It aims to help today’s students and clinicians around the world focus on the pursuit of fair treatment, access, opportunity, and advancement for all while striving to identify and eliminate barriers that prevent full participation.
- NEW! Expanded and inclusive chapters on theory including Occupational Consciousness, KAWA Model, and Model of Occupational Wholeness; new chapters on Routines and Habits and providing occupational therapy for people experiencing Forced Migration andChildhood Trauma; and up-to-date chapters on providing occupational therapy via Telehealth, considering Safety and Infection and Control, and within the WHO’s model of Primary Health Care familiarize students with rapidly growing areas of OT practice.
- NEW! Expanding Our Perspectives features present a different point of view on the content of every chapter with an emphasis on presenting people and communities who are often missed or not seen in occupational therapy texts.
- The most comprehensive approach to occupational therapy available summarizes the full breadth and scope of the field and clarifies complex information.
- NEW! OT Stories are case studies with questions that provide valuable problem-solving practice in dealing with clients, practice issues, and managing OT services and staff.
- UPDATED! Videos reinforce key OT practices in vivid detail and clarity.