Yellowstone Treasures The Traveler's Companion to the National Park, by Chapple, Janet
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781733103206 | 1733103201
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 5/15/2020
This book makes you the tour guide for your group! Janet Chapple shares her tips to pack for your trip, spot wildlife, see the best views, catch geyser eruptions, stay safe, and escape the crowds. The author's passion for the park, which began when her parents worked at Old Faithful Inn in the early twentieth century, shines throughout. Whether you want to hike in the geyser basins and forests, drive the mountain passes, ride horseback, or take a boat out on the lake, the mile-by-mile road logs prepare you. The description is enlivened by entertaining historical anecdotes. This sixth edition, fully updated for 2020 by editor Beth Chapple and geologist Jo-Ann Sherwin, includes
- which geysers and hot springs are active,
- the new overlooks at Grand Prismatic Spring and the south rim of the canyon,
- a new time line of the geology, and
- explanations of the geological forces like lava flows and the Yellowstone hot spot.